No, I’m not talking about something nefarious – it’s a new feature in Windows 10’s app platform and here’s how you do it.Continue Reading...
Archives For Apps
Audible’s new app for Windows 10 is now available with a completely redesigned user experience. The result is a unified platform with unique features and responsive design that flows on Windows 10 PCs and Phones. If you’ve never tried Audible, now is the time to get your 30-day trial. Choose any audiobook for free and it’s yours to keep even after the trial is over.
Audible has over 180,000 titles. During a recent road trip around the Cascade Loop, we got hooked on Audible and have been reading The Martian which is shaping up to be an amazing movie as well.
Top features include:
- New and improved visual design. Adaptive UI for any device running Windows 10. Resize or switch devices and it just flows
- Pick up where you left off: sync you last position across all of your devices
- Cortana-based voice commands to control your listening experience
- New Ribbon Player with touch-optimized Controls for easy navigation
- Continuum support for Phones so you can listen to audiobooks while multi-tasking
- Player controls from Taskbar on hover
- PDFs now available directly from the player
Microsoft has redesigned the app with a fresh interface and added what it’s calling Next Gen Stats, which leverage the data fed from the trackers in every NFL player’s uniform. Next Gen Stats replays look like they were pulled right out of Madden or another football video game, and they display information such as velocity, top speed, and distance traveled for each player on the field. Viewers can see the exact routes that each player took during a play and analyze just like a coach on the field. Microsoft says that the new app supports fantasy football programs from NFL.com, CBS, and Yahoo, and it will let fantasy players track their teams and stats in real time every game day.
Congrats to the Microsoft and NFL teams pulling this together, as well as placing Surface Pro 3 in the hands the teams, athletes, and referees in the league. We can’t wait!